Thank you for your interest. This position has been filled.
JOB TITLE: Bilingual (English/Spanish) Resource Navigator
REPORTS TO: Deputy Director
FLSA STATUS: Full time (40 hrs/week)
PAY RANGE: $22.00 – $26.00
JOB SUMMARY: Mitigates food insecurity and poverty in nine northern New Mexico counties by offering and coordinating wraparound services such as resource navigation, SNAP and WIC enrollment, community outreach and engagement, and navigation program development.
BACKGROUND: The Food Depot is the food bank of Northern New Mexico, serving as a not-for-profit clearinghouse for food donated by private and public sources to end hunger and poverty. The food bank distributes food and related products through 145 non-for-profit agencies in nine counties: Colfax, Harding, Los Alamos, Mora, Rio Arriba, Santa Fe, San Miguel, Taos, and Union. Our vision at The Food Depot is healthy, hunger-free communities in Northern New Mexico.
• In service area of nine northern New Mexico counties, researches and maintains knowledge of available community resources, and assists community members in connecting to those resources, providing advocacy and follow-up as indicated
• Within Santa Fe County, utilizes the CONNECT network, a partnership of helping agencies, to assess client needs and navigate to appropriate resources to meet their assessed needs for health care, housing, food, transportation, utilities, interpersonal safety, and other social and material supports
• Leads The Food Depot efforts to be a fully bilingual organization (English/Spanish) in its navigation services and client-focused external communications; is innovative and proactive in leading efforts to engage with and best service our service area’s Spanish-only speakers including undocumented residents
• Within Santa Fe County, completes received CONNECT referrals to resource residents with food, diapers, and other The Food Depot services and resources; outside Santa Fe County, proactively cultivates relationships with community agencies and encourages receipt of referrals through available communications channels
• Coordinates Home Delivery Program and (remotely) provides navigation support to the program’s homebound participants
• Proposes and develops programs and initiatives for reaching and resourcing under-served and marginalized persons and populations across nine northern New Mexico counties
• Serves as field instructor or field co-instructor to New Mexico Highlands University social work students
• Coordinates Navigation Diaper Program and staff navigation diaper distributions at scheduled dates/times
• Devises and implements strategies for SNAP and WIC enrollment outreach and provides enrollment assistance to community members
• Works collaboratively and builds relationships with partner organizations both within CONNECT and throughout nine-county service area
• Works with The Food Depot staff, attending meetings as necessary and directed
• Utilizes the CONNECT software for case sharing, data collection, and tracking; uses non-CONNECT software solutions for similar purposes outside Santa Fe County
• Produces written and electronic reports
• Holds applications, medical diagnoses, and all other information in strict confidence, ensuring information is not released to unauthorized individuals or parties
• Communicates work milestones toward progress within assigned timeframes regularly
• Contributes to building a positive team spirit; put success of team above own interests
• Complies with all The Food Depot policies, procedures, and systems
• Performs related duties as required or assigned; assists other departments as requested; may work evening and weekends, as needed
• Work hours are generally Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with an hour for lunch; however, ability to work until 6:15 p.m. on Thursdays for diaper distribution is desirable
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• Has a passion for reaching and resourcing under-served and marginalized persons and populations throughout northern New Mexico
• Experience providing navigation or case management services to an at-risk population
• Knowledge of governmental and community-based services that are available to assist community members across the life span
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; to handle emotional situations in a sound and professional manner; and to be courteous and tactful
• Ability to share and obtain required information in a confidential, professional, and efficient manner
• Degree in social work preferred; master’s degree preferred
• Proof of COVID vaccination required, unless exempt (see Vaccination Policy for more information).
• Ability to pass a NM Early Childhood Education and Care Department background check
• The Food Depot will provide a laptop, cell phone and printer/scanner for the position.
• Employee will spend 40% of the time working at a stationary computer terminal in office at The Food Depot, 30% talking on the telephone, and 30% interfacing with clients, agency representatives, and other navigators outside the office setting, subject to COVID safety assessment.
• Variable work environment; work is conducted both indoors and outdoors with a varying environment specific to each partner agency.
• Indoor: Employee must utilize paper, files, documents, a keyboard, computer, phone, and scanner to perform necessary job requirements. Also requires access to Internet. Vision is required for driving and working with documents, computer screens, and files.
• Outdoor/At Sites: Employee must, at times, lift and/or move up to 40 pounds when handling food donations, diapers, documents, or files in a mixed office/warehouse environment.
• Requires travel to other facilities within The Food Depot’s service area, using employee’s own vehicle (travel expenses will be reimbursed).
• This is a drug-free workplace.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give assignments. At any time during employment, employees may be required by The Food Depot to take a drug test.
This position description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.