The Food Depot is accepting applications for a Program Coordinator! This team member manages the child-focused programs at The Food Depot, including school-based pantries, CACFP after school meals, and the summer food program. Please visit https://thefooddepot.bamboohr.com/careers/64 to apply.
JOB TITLE: Programs Coordinator 1 Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Deputy Director SALARY RANGE: $20.00-27.00/Hour
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Simple IRA
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for managing The Food Depot’s child-centered programs: school-based pantries, after school meals, and the summer meal program. Work focuses on providing excellent customer service to partners, collaborating with various departments at The Food Depot, and fulfilling federal program requirements.
- Manages The Food Depot’s Food 4 Kids program, including support of school-based pantry site coordinators, training, site visits, data management, and new site development.
- Manages The Food Depot’s At-Risk Afterschool Meals program (CACFP/Federal Reimbursement), provided by Kids Kitchen. This includes program oversight to ensure compliance with all CACFP regulations, preparation of reimbursement requests, ongoing communication with meal sites and Kids Kitchen, and site support as needed.
- Manages The Food Depot’s summer feeding programs, including federally reimbursable meal programs. This includes program oversight to ensure compliance with all program regulations, preparation of reimbursement requests, data management, site visits, and engaging community partners.
- Coordinates the timely and accurate delivery of school meals between Kids Kitchen staff, operations team members, and school site coordinators.
- Maintains open and frequent communication with The Food Depot program partners.
- Collects feedback from partners and implements changes as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains an excellent understanding of the hunger relief landscape, gaps in services, and community needs.
- Develops collateral materials to train site coordinators on federal requirements, explain The Food Depot program procedures, and support overall food distribution programs.
- Supervises volunteers, when appropriate.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests.
- Complies with all The Food Depot policies, procedures and systems.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Supports growth of The Food Depot’s rural food distribution programs as needed
- Performs related duties as required or assigned; assists other departments as requested; may work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years related experience. Work experience in a public education setting preferred.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission and values of The Food Depot
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to be a team player; must be able to effectively communicate and interact with coworkers, managers and customers; ability to effectively communicate problems and issues
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be able to interface with many diverse internal and external customers
- Must be computer literate. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite of tools a must
- Commitment to accuracy and thoroughness
- Must be detail-oriented, able to handle multiple tasks in an office/warehouse environment
- Must perform well in a fast-paced environment and be adaptable to change
- Must be able to work independently of as well as collectively with other staff members
- Must be able to use general office equipment such as computers, copiers, scanners
- Negative Pre-employment Drug Screening
- Negative COVID Test and Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
- Employee will spend 50% of the time working at a stationary computer terminal in a shared office space, 25% talking on the telephone, and 25% interfacing with agency representatives, program coordinators and volunteers.
- Position functions in an office and warehouse environment, and requires travel to other facilities within the service area
- Employee will work at public facing food distributions periodically, including lifting parcels of food of approximately 30 pounds and being required to stand for time periods > 1 hour
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give assignments.
This position description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
I have read the above job description. I meet the qualifications and can perform the duties as described.