[et_pb_section admin_label=”Section” fullwidth=”off” specialty=”off”][et_pb_row admin_label=”Row”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_post_title admin_label=”The Food Depot seeks shipping coordinator” title=”on” meta=”off” author=”off” date=”off” categories=”on” comments=”off” featured_image=”on” featured_placement=”below” parallax_effect=”on” parallax_method=”on” text_orientation=”left” text_color=”dark” text_background=”off” text_bg_color=”rgba(255,255,255,0.9)” module_bg_color=”rgba(255,255,255,0)” title_all_caps=”off” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid” module_class=”main_text”]
[/et_pb_post_title][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid” module_class=”main_text”]
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED
March 10 — The Food Depot has an open position in the warehouse for a shipping coordinator.
JOB TITLE: Shipping Coordinator, Non-Exempt
DEADLINE: March 17
REPORTS TO: Director of Warehouse Operations
SALARY RANGE: $13.50 – $20.50/Hour
Download our fillable PDF application here.
JOB SUMMARY: Assist partner agencies in distribution of food, and receiving and stocking bulk product in warehouse
• Ensures that all stock and inventory items are maintained in accordance with all applicable policies, procedures, standards and program guidelines
• Ensures the proper maintenance and recording of inventory levels for food and non food items
• Assists in the maintenance and care of the facility and equipment
• Assists in the safety and sanitation of facilities and equipment through compliance with The Food Depot guidelines and any applicable local, state, or federal laws or regulations
• Observes all local, state, and federal regulations in warehouse operations and vehicle transport
• Reads and understanding production schedules, orders, work orders, orders, shipping or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed
• Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bin and boxes according to predetermined sequences such as size, type, style, color or product code
• Assembles customer orders from stock and placing orders on pallets or shelves, or conveying orders to staging station or shipping area
• Operates scales to weigh inventory items
• Moves and arranges stock as assigned
• Sorts and stores perishable goods in the proper refrigerated spaces
• Driving forklifts and operating other pallet moving equipment as assigned
• Completing forms, reports, and logs as required
• Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
• Complies with all The Food Depot policies, procedures, and systems
• Is consistently at work and on time
• Related duties as required or assigned
• Assist other departments as requested
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience
• Ability to read and comprehend packing slips and orders
• Ability to effectively communicate problems and issues
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide along with a basic understanding of weights and measures.
• Must be computer literate. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, inventory database experience a must.
• Commitment to accuracy and thoroughness
• Negative Pre-employment Drug Screening
• Clean Driving Record
• Successful Completion of Forklift Training provided by The Food Depot
• Primary work is in a warehouse environment
• Must be able to get into a forklift and operate all of the controls
• Employee can be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• The employee must be able to load and unload items into and out of truck.
• The employee must be able to operate forklift and pallet jacks
• The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts
• The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give assignments.
This position description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Download our fillable PDF application here.
Send all documentation to Mona Ruark, office administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org before 5 p.m. on March 17.